• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

RS3 8Y Ordering and Spec

I've FINALLY got word mine got Built! 💪
Sweet...still no ETA as such but been advised allow 12 weeks.
Again though, it was me asking them (Audi) for an update. I mean I can't believe they wouldn't have contacted me / emailed me or whatever of this milestone given the waiting time?!?
It was 2 years and 2 weeks since I paid my deposit.
Say another 3 months to land here (hopefully) - we are talking like 2 years and 3 months for "start to finish" over here in good old WA.
FAR$#@!! me!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

that's great news!
I think they don't call you as they probably want you to call and cancel, they'll give you back your deposit, then they will sell it for more than you paid :)

I've FINALLY got word mine got Built! 💪
Sweet...still no ETA as such but been advised allow 12 weeks.
Again though, it was me asking them (Audi) for an update. I mean I can't believe they wouldn't have contacted me / emailed me or whatever of this milestone given the waiting time?!?
It was 2 years and 2 weeks since I paid my deposit.
Say another 3 months to land here (hopefully) - we are talking like 2 years and 3 months for "start to finish" over here in good old WA.
FAR$#@!! me!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
I paid my deposit 1 Feb 2022, Early March 2024 the dealer told me the car should be landing soon and then told me there will be a price hike.... :mad: I did ask them if they can give me more discount and blah blah blah but ....they said.. its the best they can do. So nothing I can do except to accept it. Now which is 3 weeks later, still no ETA.

Funny thing is I took my X1 for a service in BMW Parramatta (NSW) and they have 2 used RS3. Its the first time I saw the car in person, I sat in and played around with it for half an hour. I still think it is the best car for me in this price bracket. I saw the new M2 but that was 150k.....

I too can't believe I have to wait 2 years+ for a car.....crazy...

Hi all, I have had a rs3 Sportback on order since October 2021 and just took delivery of my car on Wednesday this week. All I can say is the wait is worth it! I went with Daytona grey - love the colour.

I didn’t have any price adjustments but dealer wouldn’t pay the contract trade in price on my old Audi. I managed to sell it for about 12k more than the trade in offer they were offering. So all good.

I am a bit concerned that there will be a 2025 facelift released in the next 6 months but I can’t be bothered waiting another 2 years again.

I paid my deposit 1 Feb 2022, Early March 2024 the dealer told me the car should be landing soon and then told me there will be a price hike.... :mad: I did ask them if they can give me more discount and blah blah blah but ....they said.. its the best they can do. So nothing I can do except to accept it. Now which is 3 weeks later, still no ETA.

Funny thing is I took my X1 for a service in BMW Parramatta (NSW) and they have 2 used RS3. Its the first time I saw the car in person, I sat in and played around with it for half an hour. I still think it is the best car for me in this price bracket. I saw the new M2 but that was 150k.....

I too can't believe I have to wait 2 years+ for a car.....crazy...
Hey mate
I also received the "price hike" but I was fortunate enough to have written on the original contract that it was a "Fixed Price Contract" and they honoured it...I'm guessing they hit you up for like 4 to 5% rise yeh? Perhaps you can try squeeze them for better priced accessories and/or Service agreements or the likes to make up for the price adjustment? Regardless mate, it will all be worth it!!! 👍

Last edited:
Hey mate
I also received the "price hike" but I was fortunate enough to have written on the original contract that it was a "Fixed Price Contract" and they honoured it
I'm guessing they hit you up for like 4 to 5% rise yeh?
Congrats Frankster! Keep pestering the dealer for shipping consignment. Once you have the boat name you can check route and schedule. (This will also feel like time has stopped 😬)
Bonus though, they stop in Fremantle first before continuing east!!

2025 facelift.. I think we will be lucky to see any by 2028 if at all..

Yeh got a VIN - I know the "main supplier" is Hoegh Auto Liners and can check with their website (nothing showing up thus far) but out of interest, does anyone know if there are other possible "suppliers / Autoliners" for the vehicle???
Thanks

Yeh got a VIN - I know the "main supplier" is Hoegh Auto Liners and can check with their website (nothing showing up thus far) but out of interest, does anyone know if there are other possible "suppliers / Autoliners" for the vehicle???
Thanks
Hey, checked with my nephew who has worked at Port Kembla receiving terminal for 5 years. He is not 100%, but can’t remember another carrier other than Hoegh bringing in Audi’s.

Last edited:
Congrats Frankster! Keep pestering the dealer for shipping consignment. Once you have the boat name you can check route and schedule. (This will also feel like time has stopped 😬)
Bonus though, they stop in Fremantle first before continuing east!!

2025 facelift.. I think we will be lucky to see any by 2028 if at all..
So Audi not really helping me to track it other than giving me the name of the Boat / cargo carrier - so I have just google searched their website, entered the VIN and it gives me a snap shot as such with "loading schedule & ETA for arrival in Fremantle Port".
In reality that's probably sufficient BUT, given all the shits and giggles in getting this car, is there like a "GPS Tracking" website of sorts where you can literally check out where the boat is is there?
Thanks in advance.

Hey Frankster, try

Search the vessel here or just google "Boat name vessel tracker" for page. It is the only free tracker website I found. Not always up to date but seems to be within a few days when sailing and provides the itinerary.

The rest of the apps and sites all want payment from my brief search when tracking my car.

See how you go! Cheers.

Hey Frankster, try

Search the vessel here or just google "Boat name vessel tracker" for page. It is the only free tracker website I found. Not always up to date but seems to be within a few days when sailing and provides the itinerary.

The rest of the apps and sites all want payment from my brief search when tracking my car.

See how you go! Cheers.
Awesome yep found it!
Thanks 2LIME.
Its next ETA is listed as Antwerpen, Belgium.
It doesn't seem to show you the "entire journey" though, its just showing the destination being as Belgium & that's it.
Therefore, I'm assuming after it reaches Belgium, the next destination will appear, and then so on, and so on...correct?
(Its the Hoegh Trigger FYI)
Thanks again mate! 👍

Awesome yep found it!
Thanks 2LIME.
Its next ETA is listed as Antwerpen, Belgium.
It doesn't seem to show you the "entire journey" though, its just showing the destination being as Belgium & that's it.
Therefore, I'm assuming after it reaches Belgium, the next destination will appear, and then so on, and so on...correct?
(Its the Hoegh Trigger FYI)
Thanks again mate! 👍

Mid to late June depending on offloading, dealer, and Mother Nature 🌊..
It will be a long couple of months Frankster 💩!
IMG_2563.png

Hey Alll. For interest I just received an email for the Audi EOFY sale. Did a quick check on RS3’s.. 27 available 😳. 19 sedans & 8 Sportbacks.
Seems the shortage is over!!

And they advertised prices?

Be interesting to see if they are dropping...

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Back