• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

S3 8P Center Console Plastic Latch

1r0nman125

Hey all.

Recently purchased a 2010 S3 8P. Its my first Audi and its fantastic. Stage 2. Real fun car with some good power, especially compared to my previous Golf Mk5 GTI.

Trying to fix up a few things and the damned centre console plastic latch was one of them.
I purchased a replacement off Amazon but it didn't quite fit. The one I purchased had a metal 'spring' like thing but when installed did jack all and wouldn't actually latch on. Albeit I didn't remove the entire backing plate (I only found a somewhat better guide minutes ago) on how to do this properly.

Anyone here replaced theirs and know potentially what latch I need? Or did I just not install it right.
I have a leather interior if it makes any difference.

TIA!

Is that the bit you lift up with your fingers to open the arm rest?

Im not home until next weekend but will take some photos then…

I’ve also stripped about 80% of my interior from a 2010 s3 8p that had 30k on the clock at the time so let me know if you need any other bits…

They’ll be going on gumtree or to the tip over the Xmas break…

have mate, I'm probably interested in s lot of those parts..

drop me a pm with what you have. I'm still restoring my 2009 s3..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Is that the bit you lift up with your fingers to open the arm rest?

Im not home until next weekend but will take some photos then…

I’ve also stripped about 80% of my interior from a 2010 s3 8p that had 30k on the clock at the time so let me know if you need any other bits…

They’ll be going on gumtree or to the tip over the Xmas break…
Yep mate, thats the piece. If you have the entire arm rest/console part, i'd be open to buying that.
Would be keen to know what other parts you have / link to what you put up.

Cheers!

Back