• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shannon's Wheels - Sunday 15th May

If I wasn't having a belated mothers day, I'd bring down the monster for sure...

Is anyone here heading down to Shannons Wheels this Sunday (15th May)?

https://actmotorclubs.wordpress.com/events/shannons-wheels/

We only just heard about it over the weekend, but we've organised a spot to attend and we'll be there with the RS6 and SQ5.

Was thinking about displaying but may not want to spend the day there as we have a club run to Beechworth leaving early on the Monday and it may extend out to the Winton races two weeks later. I'll call by if I don't put the car in.

Heads up, late this afternoon (Tue 10 May) the National Capital Authority shifted "Wheels" to the Treasury Building car park. This is a common thing when it rains somewhere in Australia, the grass /surface in the various central parks are deemed too soft to allow wheeled traffic. Not such a great site and there is talk that allocated club parking areas may not be available, but to be confirmed. Also, if you are attending as a spectator, be extremely careful where you park. $279 a pop for tickets handed out at the most recent car show for about 300 cars parked on grass areas.

Thanks for the heads-up, haven't heard anything from the organisers re the change as yet.

Real shame - the treasury car park is a rubbish venue for a car show and not having allocated club spaces will ruin the atmosphere- especially if I end up anywhere near the Mercedes club again.

Thanks for the heads-up, haven't heard anything from the organisers re the change as yet.

Real shame - the treasury car park is a rubbish venue for a car show and not having allocated club spaces will ruin the atmosphere- especially if I end up anywhere near the Mercedes club again.

There was an emergency meeting of the org committee last night and hopefully the outcome will get posted on the ACTCMC site early today.

There was an emergency meeting of the org committee last night and hopefully the outcome will get posted on the ACTCMC site early today.

Thanks - there's something up on their page now confirming the move, with more information to be provided on Thursday morning.

...and here we are at the height of the day with all our Audi friends. :)

1085iip.jpg

About 700 cars were on display with something to suit pretty much every taste, and we couldn't have asked for a better late Autumn afternoon.

Unfortunately marques that outnumbered Audi included Tesla, Aston Martin, Alpine/Renault, Goggomobile and 'home made electric car'.

Attachments

• IMG_4503.jpg
    IMG_4503.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 29
I dropped by to check out your vehicles. Didn't enter either my SQ5 or my HSV though. I wasn't chatting to you at the time, but I did chat to a fellow who said he had no issues with me taking your RS6 for a spin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...and here we are at the height of the day with all our Audi friends. :)

About 700 cars were on display with something to suit pretty much every taste, and we couldn't have asked for a better late Autumn afternoon.

Unfortunately marques that outnumbered Audi included Tesla, Aston Martin, Alpine/Renault, Goggomobile and 'home made electric car'.

Sadly didn't make it, busy day but all worth it getting ready for some time away. Great drive Tumbarumba to Beechworth today. Magic weather and almost clear roads. Maybe we can get some cast iron Audi owner commitment for wheels next year, it's a great day.

I dropped by to check out your vehicles. Didn't enter either my SQ5 or my HSV though. I wasn't chatting to you at the time, but I did chat to a fellow who said he had no issues with me taking your RS6 for a spin

No problems - if you figure out how to get the keys off my wife please let me know :)

Back