• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sticky: Random chat thread

I've had the 'original' cable, but that didn't work properly with the newer car (2020 Skoda Kodiaq), some of the 'functions' were locked out.

So I did the 'upgrade' to a new version, but that is VIN locked, so not good for sharing with friends etc.

If you are only going to use on the 'older' cars, then get a second hand old cable, otherwise, you just have to fork out for the VIN model and decide how many you want to use it for (I ended up upgrading the VIN qty).

Probably but I want nothing to do with direct injection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had the 'original' cable, but that didn't work properly with the newer car (2020 Skoda Kodiaq), some of the 'functions' were locked out.

So I did the 'upgrade' to a new version, but that is VIN locked, so not good for sharing with friends etc.

If you are only going to use on the 'older' cars, then get a second hand old cable, otherwise, you just have to fork out for the VIN model and decide how many you want to use it for (I ended up upgrading the VIN qty).

I was thinking of getting the professional kit that has unlimited vins

First retro fit to the polo
So glad I did this
Genuine VW apple car play unit
Works perfect
Had to install the roof unit for the mic but got the LED interior soft lights with it which makes this a multi retro fit
Was a bit of rewiring needed but got there in the end

But this is a huge addition to this little beast!

dfc9fecd7a44f6b20f08f7a2739b8cc0.jpg

9056d81783130a15aa6ad1055a2805af.jpg

5ef302649be58e9d3047f546adb3a621.jpg

4b28e9fc597de9220d0ea5809ad116aa.jpg

da60dc2593d0968113af7375be101c7a.jpg

029bb1107e262d084b4027fd77d706c0.jpg

10aabfcf72e4689ae16cbdb17178bb42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's nice. I did a retro on the S3 8p... stock head unit to android.. always handy to have waze from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Nah, genuine is rns-e, which doesn't have android.. so I went with xtrons... one of rhe 'better ones', but not perfect...

Ill have to say installing this makes this an absolute different car now.
Hard to explain but its a game changer.
Im thinking of even installing the 2016 dash cluster and duel co trol flat bottom wheel. But that might be a huge job being that I have to change the whole controller module meaning id have to pull the dash apart lol.
I got the controller unit to go though

I'm also looking at a new steering wheel, which will finish off that front part of the interior.

I agree, changing to a modern screen really changes the car. I've also swapped out the ash tray and grab handles...and also the aurcon controller for a second hand white dial one to modernise it.

Thinking about fitting a toe ball on the beast, but iv always been hesitant thinking it’s going to devalue it some how.
I’m just a purist thinking if it’s got a bell it’s had a hard life. That’s just my personal thoughts but I really do need one lol.
What ya think? Should I fit it up?

f468ca462e707ee73bccf2df6724c250.jpg

Also is there a factory fit for the Q5 ?

Not sure on the factory for yours, but we have a swing one on the skoda kodiaq that is completely hidden.. couldn't have lived without it

Thinking about fitting a toe ball on the beast, but iv always been hesitant thinking it’s going to devalue it some how.
I’m just a purist thinking if it’s got a bell it’s had a hard life. That’s just my personal thoughts but I really do need one lol.

Also is there a factory fit for the Q5 ?
I thought you were selling the Q5 Muckman?

It’s for sale but I’m not too keen to sell it. If it sells it sells but I do want to keep it.
Ones my house is built I’m keeping it for sure

Totally worth it. Tow balls aren't just for caravans and boats - bike rack, odd trailer, etc.

Got my new tool kit in.
My god this bench is a heavy one over 100KG
Probably kincrom’s best quality. Very solid very smooth operation of draws.
Got the EVA draw fittings but the main socket set was from another model but I cut away the edges and got it to fit perfect.
The kincrom rep told me this couldn’t be done but he wants pics to see if it works.
I just love how I got every socket in the one draw.
Ones I get my house built I’m gonna make a heavy duty work bench to bolt on this.

772f2fe42b445b9068698e4708842cec.jpg

76e0aec2f540e0ad8546b5437d08827b.jpg

5d9470d7fa3290cbd01e2076623ad966.jpg

df652deb3adda361b01d83e3d4f1d6e4.jpg

fdcfda2b3445c278a59481aeca0e8c15.jpg

f180636263baff2aa27de36b78b438ce.jpg

nice one mate, I'm looking at these options as well. Can you send me a PM with price/contact details?

I've started to buy the side cabinets... and was going to buy this, but would really like the tools to fit in the rubber properly..

861.jpg

A506BE9D683B928CA4D9F14C856F495C7A5FE2D52D4A2D589625EE59F215468A.jpeg

I went with this unit being of the build quality is unbelievably solid. It’s built like. No other Kincrome unit iv seen. It’s not tool trolly but a real work bench.
The ones you have show are trolleys and I find trolleys see somewhat lightweight and flimsy, also have **** all depth.
I’m going to be welding up a full stainless bench top to match this to bolt onto that will go along the walls in my house.
I could easily put a vice on this bench unit but I really don’t wana be drilling into it just yet. But you could easily do any work including sitting a gearbox or engine on this thing. I definitely wouldn’t be doing that sorta work on a trolley.
But yeh if you are looking for something for your garage I definitely would go a bench over a trolley any day. Worst thing I hate about trolley systems also is you can only have certain amount of drawers open at one time.
This unit has far more depth than a trolley and you can open all draws without it tipping. Also it can be bolted down that I will be doing.
So yeh if you go a trolley you definitely would need to have some sort of bench going over it if you want to want to do heavy work over it.
I highly recommend this unit.
065d1fe07d67a5880258e275aee93cfb.jpg

Back