• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sticky: Random chat thread

Don’t get me wrong it’s a cool car.
It’s just not me.
And to be honest, Mercedes build quality is somewhat poor.
2011 model and it’s got the interior quality of a 2004 Audi A4
Pretty piss poor to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMG's great fun for getting the back end out and getting rid of the last parts of your rear tyres..
I always wondered what they were like to drive on a rainy day..?

AMG's great fun for getting the back end out and getting rid of the last parts of your rear tyres..
I always wondered what they were like to drive on a rainy day..?
Well, we bought a new c63 in 2012,..it was the update model with the revised dash, it was also the "Performance Pack" with more power & other stuff, we also optioned the mechanical LSD. According to the AMG man at Melbourne Mercedes, very few ordered the LSD option?
Anyway, we owned the car for a few years. It was completely as expected, did all that we asked of it, & Wifey enjoyed waking the neighbors starting it in the morning, just a brilliant exhaust note, and the servicing we received at Melb. Mercedes was spot on.
So, we loved the C63, the only thing I'd be wary of, is the cost of bits when warranty expires. The only big issue that I've heard of is a head stud issue that I believe existed in earlier cars, Some of the earlier cars on the market now appear to be excellent value, but if you bought the wrong one, that opinion would very quickly disappear.
I agree with your comment re the rear tires!!

Managed to change out my UK RNS-e system in my Gallardo to an Australian RNS-e system from a audi S3
91fbc045dcc0df9ab0be51b98aae804f.jpg

d88ecee63b33dea4961ed0e21d7ce618.jpg

47f9acd8cb5c2f8991bcc42fcacb6f79.jpg

a24e980e900f2c18c1c38ce7188f56bb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what was rhe difference mate?
I remember having to record rhe unit on my A4 from northern to southern hemisphere..

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Not sure what ya mean by rhe ?
All I done was got a unit from a Audi and swapped out the front panel and screen to fit the Gallardo
Pretty straight forward.
Also my gallardo unit was ancient and slow. This is a 2010 unit so it’s a bit faster.
Yeh I could of installed a after market unit but Im a purist

rhe = the...

yeah I think there was a last run of rnse that had a better processor and screen.
if it's northern hemisphere, you need to code it to southern for gps to work properly.

Shouldn’t the GPS antenna still be the same?
The unit is from a Australian S3

Quiet in here. I just bought a 2018 SQ5. Will be picking it up next week once I'm back from work. Will be selling me 2012 Q5 to make way. I've attached a pic from carsales.
e256bffd8d5e03be4a0f9599ea6a3615.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Night and day. The q5 was an S-line, but even a model newer its a huge difference. Pickup next week when I'm back from work so will report back more.

Need to find a list of vagcom/OBD11 mods to do straight up

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yo!

On another forum I frequent (SAU) we have a general **** post chat thread. Literally chatting about anything and everything.

Didn't think I could get away with the name of the thread here, and didn't want to push the boundaries.

From these threads, I have made life long friends, and hope to do the same here.

In its prime(long gone) we would generally grt through 1000 pages, or 20k posts in under 6 months.

Anyway, a little about myself to get things rolling.
I'm Luke.
I'm a mechanic (unfortunately)
Live in the Snowy mountains area of NSW.
Love cars, watches, scuba and snow boarding.

Looking forward to getting to know others too!

Cheers 🍻
Hello Luke, welcome to the forum.
I like watches too, I don't have a "collection" but I wear an Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch) manual wind.
I did have a Longines as well, but my wife wears it now!

V8 or V6 turbo?

V8 of corse
I want nothing to do with all that hot valley turbo shit.
Feel so sorry for the mechanics who have to work on that complete garbage these days.
For example, simple carbon clean requires you to remove the whole engine. What a joke.
Nope. I want nothing to do with turbos.
Not only that, those new V6 turbos are notorious for rocker issues.

yeah, I love my V8... Then again, I love my S3 8P turbo... small engine with huge potential with a decent turbo.
I'm wanting to take out my engine, strip it and put in some decent internals (pistons, conrods etc) and front what I've read, you can get 500 odd HP from it this way...

...then again, I don't have all the tools, let alone the expertise to do it, but learning is half the fun... right??

I bought a C63 and already board lol
I want another RS5
I'm surprised you find a C63 boring but liked the RS5. I found my RS5 to be a bit on the boring side, particularly after the B7 RS4 which was a cracking car.

Well for start m, a 2011 model Mercedes with the interior design and quality of a 2004 Audi A4 is absolutely piss poor.

91835cb23a24ffac9772fb2ae94bad7b.jpg

9ed51da98cb64209edfa46d05425aadd.jpg

d3c94765063ad667c13c7a78a8f51fc6.jpg

Completely unacceptable for post 2008 standards to be honest.

But over all, the c63 is more of a Cadillac than a sports car.
It’s fine if ya an old man who doesn’t have plans for modding, but on its own it’s a very boring car compared to a RS5
The only thing the C63 has going for it is the engine.

Well for start m, a 2011 model Mercedes with the interior design and quality of a 2004 Audi A4 is absolutely piss poor.

91835cb23a24ffac9772fb2ae94bad7b.jpg

9ed51da98cb64209edfa46d05425aadd.jpg

d3c94765063ad667c13c7a78a8f51fc6.jpg

Completely unacceptable for post 2008 standards to be honest.

But over all, the c63 is more of a Cadillac than a sports car.
It’s fine if ya an old man who doesn’t have plans for modding, but on its own it’s a very boring car compared to a RS5
The only thing the C63 has going for it is the engine.

How many kays are on it Muckman? Plenty of cars of this era inc Audis, BMWs, Ferraris etc etc had issues with the plastic coatings failing on switchgear. Disappointing I agree, but certainly not isolated to Mercedes.

Back