• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Longest Build Ever - B6 1.8T

Ok slow down boys - there's still plenty of other things to pick at!!

Anyway after having a d&m with my performance guru, I've decided to finish up this HG install, get the thing running again and drive on pump 98 until I can save up enough pennies to do a completely new pump setup for in-tank stealth.

The corn harvest is about to begin...

What I thought was power, will inevitably increase considerably.

I have been warned....

!

you want stealth eyyyy....

im just gonna leave this here for you... :mrgreen:
if my 044 doesnt cope ive got one of these on backup

Walbro Fuel Pump Intank E85 450lph - Fuel Systems, Fuel Pumps, Walbro - MTQ Sonic - Sonic Performance

Twins.

Why twins you ask? My current 040 is rated for 500hp. Currently, I'm pushing that boundary. Up the dance with the crack juice and we're pushing well past the 040 provision and delving over that figure. No surge tank, no fancy swirl pots, no additional tanks. Will probably look at jigging up a custom bowl in-tank, but will be stealth as stealth can be. No hissing or buzzing in cabin. It just means that I should always have a minimum 1/4 tank of corn starch in the tank at all times.

as in twin pumps?
i dont reckon you will need it... not with the flow capabilities of just 1 of the Walbro. However i could be wrong as im not sure exactly what power you are aiming for.... 8)

currently my single in-tank 044 keeps up with my setup on E85 at present. But i think it will max out with the GTX35 and slightly increased bore capacity hence why i would jump straight to one of these Walbros.

see below graph which compares them all (admittedly this shows the slightly older Walbro E85 400 pump.. so the 450 exceeds this again)
FuelPumpsCompare_Walbro416.jpg

**Edit: Just found this... looks like the Walbro is heaps quieter too..

Walbrodecibels.1.jpg

Last edited:
as in twin pumps?

Yep. Twins!

Will need to support 500+ hp, and the two pumps will be a failsafe if anything. Both will be controlled separately (staged) so as to do away with the constant drain on power when not required.

Pressure switches will be used to sense any under supply. This is for engine safety more than anything.

Continues with the whole Over Engineered, under utilized theme for this particular build.

Back to the thread and with a minor update.

Over the last few weekends I've replaced the Head Gasket after the Cometic unit I paid big $$ for failed. The results are that I've upped my compression ratio by around 0.4 points now with the installation of the OEM version.
Has more pickup in the lower revs, and will need to re-tune for fuelling as we're operating a little rich at idle, and losing some fuelling up top (up top meaning +8k rpm:excited:)

How it sits at the moment:

Back to the thread and with a minor update.

Over the last few weekends I've replaced the Head Gasket after the Cometic unit I paid big $$ for failed. The results are that I've upped my compression ratio by around 0.4 points now with the installation of the OEM version.
Has more pickup in the lower revs, and will need to re-tune for fuelling as we're operating a little rich at idle, and losing some fuelling up top (up top meaning +8k rpm:excited:)

How it sits at the moment:

Like how it's all looking pretty clean, take some vids

Nope. As far as I know, Calder re-opened on Sunday?
Oh i see, thought i saw somewhere on FB that you were going to run your car at Calder that's all. Would have been good to watch or you can make some Vids.

Oh i see, thought i saw somewhere on FB that you were going to run your car at Calder that's all. Would have been good to watch or you can make some Vids.

Last I posted anything to do with Calder was for the Jamboree being held there OCT 24th :)

Car is still not ready for the strip as yet - have some fine tuning to finish off for the big boost!

So we managed to do some testing and tuning and have another new base file to start with. This time, we're starting at 19psi and will move forward when we get time (remember this is road tuned - no dyno or workshop tuning here).

I did find a private road which I asked permission from the owner to use. All I can say is that after the head gasket change, and the minor bump in compression ratio, the motor is more awake now at 19psi than it was previously at 32psi.

Here's a vid with the current tune:

https://youtu.be/K4EKpDmzqhw

higher comp for the win !!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

After reading through 32 pages, I slowly filled with dread seeing the post dates get closer and closer to current and no dyno. Build looks immaculate though, keen to see numbers once the 107 is in and tuned.
300-350hp per liter is nothing to scoff at.

After reading through 32 pages, I slowly filled with dread seeing the post dates get closer and closer to current and no dyno. Build looks immaculate though, keen to see numbers once the 107 is in and tuned.
300-350hp per liter is nothing to scoff at.

No dyno yet - still road tuning. I have said it often - when its time for a dyno then I'll add it to this thread. The way I see it, it's taken me 2+ years to get to this point, why rush now?

Pump 98 first and foremost to get it right, then up the pumps (twins) for E85.

Back