• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Treating hardened, almost brittle leather

cliaz

Hey guys, I've recently and as far as I can tell without cause had a 'stretch mark' or something form on one of my rear seats - https://imgur.com/a/0qSYTto

The surrounding napa leather is all fine, still supple and flexible, but this is quite tough and feels as though it could crack easily.
Wondering if there were any recommendations for leather repair or conditioning for something like this, or if I have to go down the route of having the seat-panel replaced.

Cheers

Oh yea - I was sure nothing was spilled on there so didn't even think to try a cleaner, will give it a crack!

Long story short, no joy with cleaning + conditioning unfortunately. An auto trimmer said it's just the single panel that needs replacing so shouldn't be overly complex. Thanks for the help :)

Some places have a kit to fix leather cracks and things like that

Long story short, no joy with cleaning + conditioning unfortunately. An auto trimmer said it's just the single panel that needs replacing so shouldn't be overly complex. Thanks for the help :)

Almost certainly something has been spilt on it but always a slim chance it is just that piece of leather which has taken a set. As it seems that it may need to be replaced, you could try saddle soap or a leather oil with planty of soaking for either option. Sometimes the older solutions work best. Failing that, I guess it is another panel required. There is also the off chance that you could find a used seat cover (the factory leather) which would keep it all original.

Back