• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vic crew gather - cruise - bbq - talk **** ???

Khoa

Audi Vic Crew Cruise this Sunday 8th of Nov !!!

From EOI to it's happening ...

Hi all

Vic ozaudi crew is having a small meet/catchup/cruise this Sunday 7th of Nov. We start from Mornington to Arthurs Seat to Flinders Pier car park.

We will meet at Mornington Pier car park at 8am and leave at 9am, this give people sometime to enjoy their morning coffee, to wake up, to rest after a long drive from the North or West side. Our aim is get to final destination at around 12-1pm

Any other manufacturing beside from Audi are also welcome except for Holden, especially Holden VL :mrgreen: just joking. Kids are also welcome.

Please be at your best behavior, almost like its the first time you meet your potential mother in law, no 4W burnt out, no 8krpm launching, no drifting, no fully sick dosing ....etc. This is about socializing, putting faces to names, asking tech questions, helping each other out ....etc.

I haven't test the road/route out yet and i won't be doing so because i just don't have the time so if somehow we might get lost or i drive a bit slow, please forgive me or if you think you're capable of leading the cruise, you're more than welcome to take lead because my car is standard.

We could either have lunch at Flinders Pub, pretty popular place in summer or we can cook up some sausages, what do you guys think as there is a public bbq next to Flinder Jetty car park.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]

[/COLOR]

Attachments

• Cruise.jpg
    Cruise.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Cruise Leg 2.jpg
    Cruise Leg 2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I can feel another drive coming on.

I am mapping out another run south of the Highway towards Mirboo.
I need to do a dry run first to ensure there are no gravel roads, will keep you posted.

Yep I'd be keen depending on when it is.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Yeah im keen, been years since i've been to an ozaudi thing.

I am new to the forum.
Looking forward to catching up with the crew and having a chat.
Around the bay in a day sounds kewl. +1

cheers MrQ.

I like the idea of around the bay in a day.
Need to work out how many cars the ferry can hold though! (Assuming decent interest - there sometimes is, sometimes isn't!)

Failing that, picnic at Point Nepean when it warms up?

Need to work out how many cars the ferry can hold though! (Assuming decent interest - there sometimes is, sometimes isn't!)

couple of great ideas for a meet!!!

Is that the ferry at Sorrento/Queens-cliff? If so, it can hold a lot of cars.

Is that the ferry at Sorrento/Queens-cliff? If so, it can hold a lot of cars.

Yeah that's the one.
Only used it once many years ago (had a VB Commodore back then... aah memories! Wasn't worth $125k though!), can't recall it's hold...

I reckon a meet and a small cruise from point to point would be good. Around the bay... I don't know (not my cup of tea)

I reckon a meet and a small cruise from point to point would be good. Around the bay... I don't know (not my cup of tea)

+1 I would be in for a point for a point to point cruise subject to timing. Its been a while since something was organised in Melbourne on this forum (3 years as I recall, and remember it well as I blew a turbo on the dyno day at HPF) Something like meeting relatively centrally (eg drove pass a hwy meet that started on Fri night on June 12 that started at Masters carpark at Dingley on Springy road. Could start off with having a meet and greet in the car park their at say 9.45am ( plenty or car parks won't have to worry abount masters being busy ha ha) , have a chat, pop the bonnet of a few cars, take some pics and from there at about 10.15am head down springy road on to Frankston freeway, do a bit of a bypass at frankston / dandy road off ramp, back onto the onramp and may get the red light at skye road (single lane 60m before the 100km.hr sign on a freeway on ramp, back onto Frankston freeway onto Moorooduc road, (Peninsula freeway bypass around Frankston is a boring drive, moorooduc road has a couple of traffic lights, about 4 roundabouts in 80km / 100km zones where you can slow down / have a bit of squirt, turn off at Mornington Tyabb road, head down Main steet mornington, to the esplanade, through mt martha, dromana along the bay and across and up to Arthurs seat arriving at say 11.30am (throw a few snags/ hamburgers on the barbie if a couple of us are organised), look at some cars, take some pics (group car photo) grab a bite to eat, chew the fat and then head home or move on at your leisure around 1.00pm . The weekend before the afl grand final would be three years to the day that the last gathering was organised and I should be back in the country that weekend and look forward to driving any car, let alone my own and that little point to point drive doesn't take too much time out of the weekend and we may get lucky and have a nice sunny day. PS would love to see Mike's b6 / ride along side it and the same with Pete1972's b5rs4 . There's even three lanes from the end Frankston freeway to the roundabout at Frankston Flinders road and I would expect to see in my revision mirror Prad in his yellow shopping trolley ha ha . PS last time I drove my audi was on the night of hwy meet mentioned above. Picked up my car from the workshop with a mate pretty late, and on the way home we see these flashing lights and an old school VK Brock Commodore (we hadn't seen one for a while) so we did a U turn and entered the car park and checked out the Brocky for about two minutes, and left the carpark. On the way out of the car park, the men in blue didn't batter an eye lid when my mate was in my b5s4, and drove past their parked highway patrol car, but they were all over the wrx that followed him out of the carpark. Love the fact that my audi looks stock as a rock, would put away the wrx and a lot of the cars at that highway meet in the power stakes and would be close to some wrx's at decibel stakes at WOT, yet doesn't attract any attention whatsover from anyone except for someone who is an audi enthusiast and can spot the side mirrors, the little red badge and notice the twin exhaust pipes tells them its not quite stock and the car probably goes ok if the driver sticks the boot in. So would look forward to seeing a few more sleepers sporting the 4 rings and talking about mods, seeing how other cars on this forum in the flesh go on the road.

Last edited:
PS would love to see Mike's b6 / ride along side it......

So I'm guessing yours is back on the road?

Mine's been on/off a few times since putting it back together. Got some new bits & bobs on to it the last few weekends and now again is time for a re-tune.

I would be happy to participate in a Melbourne meet pending timing. Sounds like you're organizing it though Tony!

Mike.

Back