• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vic crew gather - cruise - bbq - talk **** ???

Quick roads on that map for the most part - know all of them well except for the Silvan to Seville bit.
Mountain Highway from The Basin to Sassafras will be populated by cyclists and tourists - tourists through to Olinda too.
Rest of the roads are usually quiet.

That route won't take long though.
Any reason for the end point at Kalista?
Cooks Corner is closed now, so no lunch there!

Ah, yes, the cyclists on Mountain Highway... Forgot about them. Still do-able - we just run with scraper blades and shotguns!

Oh, and the 20th works for me, but it might be pushing it for other - that's running very close to the end of the working year.

20th works with me guys, I'm up for both runs.

I drove the route below and to be honest about 1/4 of it was quiet busy (Wed afternoon). If we were to meet nice and early and beat the tourist traffic as suggested by Julian that would be good.

For those who are coming how does 09:00am sound? Meet at BP service station, 855 Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully.

I'm easy this Sunday or next. Nothing on the cards at the moment. Need to try and get rid of a tonne of tree sap...any tips anyone? Tar & Bug kinda works but I think I'll have to clay it.

Meet location and time is good, though I'm tempted to suggest a half hour earlier - 8:30. In any event, I'll be there with bells on... Okay, maybe just with the car.

I'm easy this Sunday or next. Nothing on the cards at the moment. Need to try and get rid of a tonne of tree sap...any tips anyone? Tar & Bug kinda works but I think I'll have to clay it.

Citric acid based spray works for me (spray on,wipe,wash off with water)

Time change: 08:30am BP service station, 855 Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully
Departing 08:45 sharp
Cheers

Something like a Xenit could do the trick - is safe to use on paint, just make sure you wash it off thoroughly after use.

Do you know where to pick it up? Doesn't look like many retailers here stock it. Might try the orange power stickyspot and goo remover, coles stocks it. Might just do a spot test first.

Last edited:
260c.jpg
Do you know where to pick it up? Doesn't look like many retailers here stock it. Might try the orange power stickyspot and goo remover, coles stocks it. Might just do a spot test first.

I've been using this citrus based spray for years

I'm sorry gents, big Christmas party last night. Not safe to jump in a car this morning.

Interestingly enough even orange air freshener worked like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You missed out, G, although a wise decision all things considered. Tuf, his cousin, and I had a nice cruise up through the hills on his route. The cyclists were a bit of a challenge, especially the three lunatics racing down the mountain road hugging the centre line. I reckon if Tuf had been 30cm further over he would have taken out all three and still be on the right side of the road!

We were pretty much done and dusted by around 10:45, finishing up in Silvan, but were keen to press on a bit. I suggested we head to Warburton and on up the Acheron Way. Brilliant run, albeit with solid intervals between cars as the road up to Acheron Gap is still gravel, even after all these years. Still fun, and an excellent opportunity to really exploit the Quattro system. However, once through the Gap, we were back on macadam and the road opened up dramatically. A stunning driver's road, and a chance to,wind the cars out. A beer at the Black Spur Inn was the perfect finish.

You missed out, G, although a wise decision all things considered. Tuf, his cousin, and I had a nice cruise up through the hills on his route. The cyclists were a bit of a challenge, especially the three lunatics racing down the mountain road hugging the centre line. I reckon if Tuf had been 30cm further over he would have taken out all three and still be on the right side of the road!

We were pretty much done and dusted by around 10:45, finishing up in Silvan, but were keen to press on a bit. I suggested we head to Warburton and on up the Acheron Way. Brilliant run, albeit with solid intervals between cars as the road up to Acheron Gap is still gravel, even after all these years. Still fun, and an excellent opportunity to really exploit the Quattro system. How h the Gap, we were back on macadam and the road opened up dramatically. A stunning driver's road, and a chance to,wind the cars out. A beer at the Black Spur Inn was the perfect finish.

That sounds like a very disappointing turnout. What's the appetite for seeing the end of the year 2015 out a with very leisurely cruise down the Peninsula like the last one a couple of months ago next Sunday (20th). I haven't driven a car or sat in anything other than a 7 seater van for over 3 months (but was inspired this afternoon after a one off encounter that involved seeing a blue wrapped audi ttrs (seeing an audi is pretty rare where I am at let alone an audi ttrs that is wrapped) weaving in and out of Indian traffic dominated by crappy road surfaces, tuk tuks, scooters and motorbikes), so extending my current 24 hour journey home by making a beeline to pickup my car on the way home fromthe airport and taking a very indirect route via the Peninsula on Sunday morning should blow the cobbwebs off me and the b5s4 so to speak, unwind a bit and have a chat to others before setting off (done and dusted by 10.45am is ideal as forecast is for 35 degrees with late arvo showers) and starting later that afternoon on the ever growing to do list in the leadup to Christmas / holiday period. PS getting to see a variety of cars on the day, particularly a mix of older / newer / modified examples does make the day more interesting.

With a finish like that, I'm sorry I missed it!
Bit of a rough night, sorry guys - still can't (quite) drink yet anyway!
Hopefully see you all at the next one...

One or two... minor addenda to my report of our little jaunt:
1. It was Tuf's brother-in-law, not his cousin (I had a 50/50 chance to get it right...)
2. Two A5 2.0T S-lines, one facelift (mine) and one pre- (Tuf's), and the ring-in late-model 335i (damn, that thing was quick!)
3. Tuf's A5 has just come back from a full Stage 3 engine rebuild, courtesy (begrudgingly) of Audi for the 2.0 oil consumption problem. Seemed to go very nicely indeed with a shiny new motor under the hood, mate!

Back