• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vic crew gather - cruise - bbq - talk **** ???

One or two... minor addenda to my report of our little jaunt:
1. It was Tuf's brother-in-law, not his cousin (I had a 50/50 chance to get it right...)
2. Two A5 2.0T S-lines, one facelift (mine) and one pre- (Tuf's), and the ring-in late-model 335i (damn, that thing was quick!)
3. Tuf's A5 has just come back from a full Stage 3 engine rebuild, courtesy (begrudgingly) of Audi for the 2.0 oil consumption problem. Seemed to go very nicely indeed with a shiny new motor under the hood, mate!

The classic BMW vs Audi head-to-head
The 335i is indeed quick, but our Quattro (and your stage 1+) evened things out!

A small turn out but a great day nevertheless (sometimes less is more?)
Acheron Way is hands down one of the best driving roads i have ever seen, I'd be more than happy to make a morning out of time attacking that beast more than once.

Agreed, a pint at the Blackspur Inn was a great way to end the day.

Looking forward to the next one

Last edited:
I suggested we head to Warburton and on up the Acheron Way. Brilliant run, albeit with solid intervals between cars as the road up to Acheron Gap is still gravel, even after all these years. Still fun, and an excellent opportunity to really exploit the Quattro system. However, once through the Gap, we were back on macadam and the road opened up dramatically. A stunning driver's road, and a chance to,wind the cars out. A beer at the Black Spur Inn was the perfect finish.

Sounds like FUN, you guys could have pull into Buxton burger? When you guys are up for this run again, count me in.

Been a long while, where ya at Viccrew?

Back