• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wanted - Audi SQ5 2015 /2016

smit2100

Hi

If anyone has an itch to scratch and thinking of moving on / trading in an an Audi sq5 of 2015/2016 vintage around April / May this year, please drop me a PM

Preference is Nardo Grey in colour / but will consider other colours except black and ideally circa 80-110k's travelled

Full advance disclosure. Not a fan of selling cars with lowball offers , very low tradeins (lowest range of redbook) and getting mucked around via carsales with calls, no shows, procrastinators, joyriders and strangers rocking up at your house, so mindful of a smooth transaction for both parties. eg Review some pics, confirm interest, prelock in a narrow price range subject to a prepurchase inspection (my cost), locking fair price based on sharing PPI within the price range, sign a document evidencing sale price, EFT sent same day after signing docs and then pickup as soon as funds clear your account. Will need to arrange transporter at your preferred address for a pickup if not in Melbourne or Perth.

Hi

Nah, I've been lurking for 18 months. See it differently. Seen 4 for sale and 2 recently, one sold about 4 weeks ago (would have brought it but timing wrong) and one now is up for grabs now but too many kms / too tweaked for my liking for the price

Now R8 V8 /V10 manual in that colour and I would agree with that.

Interesting - don’t think I’ve ever seen one on Australian roads so I imagine they’re fairly rare.

Good luck with the search.

Not an SQ5, but have a MY16 Facelifted Biturbo A7 in Tornado Grey with air suspension, traveled 54000KMS, PM if keen.

Not sure if ya aware but you can get the Q5 with the 3.0 TFSI supercharged V6. It’s pretty much a debased American SQ5.
I picked mine up for 30K and love it.

c1e5ce793dcfc533353332c9e88b08b9.jpg

I got a full thread on the conversion.
It’s literally just cosmetics. The brakes are really the only mechanical modifications but I chose to do a Porsche macan conversion because the SQ5 uses a floating calliper that I’m not a fan of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

If anyone has an itch to scratch and thinking of moving on / trading in an an Audi sq5 of 2015/2016 vintage around April / May this year, please drop me a PM

Preference is Nardo Grey in colour / but will consider other colours except black and ideally circa 80-110k's travelled

Full advance disclosure. Not a fan of selling cars with lowball offers , very low tradeins (lowest range of redbook) and getting mucked around via carsales with calls, no shows, procrastinators, joyriders and strangers rocking up at your house, so mindful of a smooth transaction for both parties. eg Review some pics, confirm interest, prelock in a narrow price range subject to a prepurchase inspection (my cost), locking fair price based on sharing PPI within the price range, sign a document evidencing sale price, EFT sent same day after signing docs and then pickup as soon as funds clear your account. Will need to arrange transporter at your preferred address for a pickup if not in Melbourne or Perth.

How time passes. You'll be the quintessential suburban gent driving that. Still got the rest of the stable?

How time passes. You'll be the quintessential suburban gent driving that. Still got the rest of the stable?

Not for me. Hopefully a surprise bday present for the Mrs.
Lots of reading between the lines on matte grey / nargo grey as the choice of colour. Not fussed on the badge. But the boost junky in me thinks on the occasional drive when I get behind the wheel, nice to have some low down boost snd reckon a sq5 is great bang for buck

My goto daily cost less than my sons bmx bike that cost $749 and I didn't spend a cent to get a roadworthy.
The 996 is a keeper, got the suspenion and brakes all sorted. Just needs a custom tune rather than the cobb and unless the clutch ever goes not touching it. if clutch goes not too sure whether to go another 100hp. ( parts are bagged and tagged but liking the rare times i drive it and not being concerned about whats that noise why is there that drop in power. The v8 Na m3 is still in the stable. Was super keen on a alfa quad twin turbo as an upgrade. Had the mods part list ready to go.on a budget of 10k for 600hp. But now super keen on saving more and hoping the stupid covid tax on most euro cars goes a little more back closer to future and trend towards closer to pre covid pricing. Fixated on the poor mans gated manual 6 speed box. Circa 8k mod budget ( tune and topgear valved exhaust. Then some black 4 ring logo swap outs on white duco and either black or titaium rims and gloss or carbon fibre side blades. To bring closer to this decade , a ebay factory style replacment head unit swapout for about 1500 plus Then just drive it and admire it I'm no millennial and not into this sezzle zip afterpay crypto and not into buy it now. Strictly go without until theres sufficient cash to punce on something in the next about two years. Ps havent driven a car for circa 9 months as part of my employment conditions, but hanging out to row through a 6 speed and muck around with those flappy paddles and especially looking for any opportunity for than 3rd to 2nd rev match downshift

Last edited:

So an update. Couldnt find a nardo grey. Was look for a while Aus wide. Keen on some Qld cars but got too hard to organise ppi's and some local dealer cars in WA were similarly priced as private cars on thec east coast. Ran out of time for a birthday deadline and ready to put a deposit down but thought better run the colour past the mrs. Black. Lucky I did. We looked at the car and I wasnt impressed with the panaromic sun roof and Mrs put her foot down on black as a no go zone. Ended up buying a sepang blue sq5 privately 5 km from my house, more km's than my liking but were genuine country type kms. bonus was it had been tuned about a year ago and came with a towbar. Negotiated down 20% of initial asking but a couple of things to attend to based on a ppi. Mrs wasnt too keen on the sepang blue but better than black.

Now the Mrs wont let me drive it even after spending 10 hours detailing just the engine bay and interior. For the kms / age very happy with the purchase and a lot of bang for buck. Looking forward to spending similar time detailing the exterior and a before and after shot.

Attachments

• 20220626_155234.jpg
    20220626_155234.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
nice one! I like the colour, very similar to the Skoda race blue we have on the Kodiaq..

Back