• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wheels & tyres

NucMed

A 2011 A6 (C6/4F) allroad with 245 x 40 19" option may have made sense in the city, but in the country (regional/rural), they are at risk of what the local councils ignore in the way of what it risibly terms as "road maintenance".

Having had more than the nr of flat tyres in the past 3 years than I had in the preceding 50, I feel it's time to change the wheel size to one of the standard size, which I believe was 17" x 8" so as to accommodate a higher profile tyre perhaps with an aspect ratio of 55 (previous lowest aspect ratio tyre had been 55 over the preceding 50 almost flat-free years).

Does anyone have any view on what OE Audi wheels from other models may fit (I understand the correct offset is also required), I have noticed that some Q5 wheels such as 8R0 601 025 G appear to have the correctish requirements (I guess the owners have bought different size wheels to bling their cars, so have traded the originals in).

IMG_9048s.jpg

I cant tell you exactly, but best to check your current ones for offset.. At least you have a baseline so that when you look at q5 or other wheels you'll know if they are in the range or not...

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I cant tell you exactly, but best to check your current ones for offset.. At least you have a baseline so that when you look at q5 or other wheels you'll know if they are in the range or not...

Thanks jnrdavo, it seems the part nrs for the wheels for A6 C6-type are all 4F0 601 025 then a 2 letter code delineates whatever the size & offset is. As far as I can see, the offset that "should" fit for both 19" & 17" is ET48 (although the weird "spacesaver" spare has an offset of ET34).

Going by this page, https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php, it seems everything would fit without problems ...

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 16.14.45.jpg

The ones the original owner chose are 8.5J x 19" ET48 4F0 601 025 BA double 7-spoke style, called, apparently, "Le Mans" ... As a inner-city Sydney car, those rims took a beating, considering the low kms he managed in 9 years (yet another reason to back-grade to the original standard size).

Cheers, al the best

Last edited:
Another alternate is Passat B8 wheels which may have better availability.
The OEM wheels on the C6 Allroad were "10 Spokes" part number 4F0 601 025 BN
8Jx18H2 ET38
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
Tyres 245/45 R18
This wheel had a payload of 675kg and had a weight of 12.8kg each.
Allroad wheel C6.jpg

The B8 Passat in 18" wheels have the following specs:
8Jx18H2 ET44
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
The wheels are lighter at around 11 to 11.5 kg each but no payload limits.

Another alternate is Passat B8 wheels which may have better availability.
The OEM wheels on the C6 Allroad were "10 Spokes" part number 4F0 601 025 BN
8Jx18H2 ET38
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
Tyres 245/45 R18
This wheel had a payload of 675kg and had a weight of 12.8kg each.
View attachment 32480

The B8 Passat in 18" wheels have the following specs:
8Jx18H2 ET44
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
The wheels are lighter at around 11 to 11.5 kg each but no payload limits.

Hi stitch, you may well be correct that the Passat wheels are easier to find, although I'd still like to have the 17" as it will give me more sidewall rather than those down in the 40/45 range, currently costing me 2 tyres aka ≈AU$800 per year (damage 1 on an allroad, need to buy 2 to keep everything in balance).

I'll look for the Passat ones though if the preferred Audi ones are impossible to find.

Cheers, all the best

Back