• Welcome to ozAudi.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozAudi.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wheels & tyres

NucMed

A 2011 A6 (C6/4F) allroad with 245 x 40 19" option may have made sense in the city, but in the country (regional/rural), they are at risk of what the local councils ignore in the way of what it risibly terms as "road maintenance".

Having had more than the nr of flat tyres in the past 3 years than I had in the preceding 50, I feel it's time to change the wheel size to one of the standard size, which I believe was 17" x 8" so as to accommodate a higher profile tyre perhaps with an aspect ratio of 55 (previous lowest aspect ratio tyre had been 55 over the preceding 50 almost flat-free years).

Does anyone have any view on what OE Audi wheels from other models may fit (I understand the correct offset is also required), I have noticed that some Q5 wheels such as 8R0 601 025 G appear to have the correctish requirements (I guess the owners have bought different size wheels to bling their cars, so have traded the originals in).

IMG_9048s.jpg

I cant tell you exactly, but best to check your current ones for offset.. At least you have a baseline so that when you look at q5 or other wheels you'll know if they are in the range or not...

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I cant tell you exactly, but best to check your current ones for offset.. At least you have a baseline so that when you look at q5 or other wheels you'll know if they are in the range or not...

Thanks jnrdavo, it seems the part nrs for the wheels for A6 C6-type are all 4F0 601 025 then a 2 letter code delineates whatever the size & offset is. As far as I can see, the offset that "should" fit for both 19" & 17" is ET48 (although the weird "spacesaver" spare has an offset of ET34).

Going by this page, https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php, it seems everything would fit without problems ...

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 16.14.45.jpg

The ones the original owner chose are 8.5J x 19" ET48 4F0 601 025 BA double 7-spoke style, called, apparently, "Le Mans" ... As a inner-city Sydney car, those rims took a beating, considering the low kms he managed in 9 years (yet another reason to back-grade to the original standard size).

Cheers, al the best

Last edited:
Another alternate is Passat B8 wheels which may have better availability.
The OEM wheels on the C6 Allroad were "10 Spokes" part number 4F0 601 025 BN
8Jx18H2 ET38
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
Tyres 245/45 R18
This wheel had a payload of 675kg and had a weight of 12.8kg each.
Allroad wheel C6.jpg

The B8 Passat in 18" wheels have the following specs:
8Jx18H2 ET44
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
The wheels are lighter at around 11 to 11.5 kg each but no payload limits.

Another alternate is Passat B8 wheels which may have better availability.
The OEM wheels on the C6 Allroad were "10 Spokes" part number 4F0 601 025 BN
8Jx18H2 ET38
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
Tyres 245/45 R18
This wheel had a payload of 675kg and had a weight of 12.8kg each.
View attachment 32480

The B8 Passat in 18" wheels have the following specs:
8Jx18H2 ET44
PCD 5x112
57.0mm centering
The wheels are lighter at around 11 to 11.5 kg each but no payload limits.

Hi stitch, you may well be correct that the Passat wheels are easier to find, although I'd still like to have the 17" as it will give me more sidewall rather than those down in the 40/45 range, currently costing me 2 tyres aka ≈AU$800 per year (damage 1 on an allroad, need to buy 2 to keep everything in balance).

I'll look for the Passat ones though if the preferred Audi ones are impossible to find.

Cheers, all the best

Finally (well, back at the end of February ... lol) the 8.5J x 19" ET48 4F0 601 025 BA double 7-spoke style wheels with their regional/rural road sidewall susceptible 245/40 x 19" Michelin Pilot Sport 4 are off & the "new" 8J x 17" ET48 4F0 601 025 CN single 7-spoke style wheels (from, allegedly, a 2010 A6 C6 Avant) with 225/55 x 17" Michelin Pilot Sport 5 are on, fitting and working just fine (the most recent downpour here yesterday on the far south coast tested their wet weather abilities, happy to say no loss of grip noted, and I guess since they are narrower, happier at cutting through heavy rainfall/standing water) ...

The 19" when I bought car in Jan 2020 ...

19%22.jpg

The 17" today (08/06/2024) ...

17%22.jpg

Interesting to note that the Pilot 4 are/were, at least in 2023 when I bought the last ones, made in France, whereas the Pilot Sport 5 bought in late February 2024 are made in China ... whether all (or only certain models/sizes) are made there now is unclear. I guess as AU is closer to CN than FR, it's easier/cheaper to source them from there. Was a bit of a shock after buying Michelin from FR for over 50 years to have ones from CN turn up.

The biggest PITA was sourcing the OEM 5 point star shaped hub covers (4FO 601 165 N), unfortunately the wheels didn't come with them & I never heard back from the place I bought the wheels from whether they had a set to sell.

The guy that fitted the Pilot Sport 5 tyres said he'd seen quite a nr of people over the years manage to knock the arms of the stars off through injudicious use of force when removing/refitting them ...

Eventually found them online for a relative "bargain" of AU$80 for the 4 from the UK.

4FO 601 165 N.jpg

I'll take the four 19" with the 245/40 Pilot Sport 4 up to CNC Wheels in Sydney when I go up later this year so they can work their magic on them to return them to showroom condition then they will just go into storage when finished and can go with the car if or when it is sold.

As an aside, it is interesting (well, at least to me ... lol) that the reviews of the C6 allroads when they were first introduced in AU & their later "facelift" in 2009, all mention the daft idea of using 40/45 aspect ratio tyres on a car ostensibly meant to be able to handle rough road (not even "off-road")conditions here ... I recall a nr of the test cars all had punctures/sidewall damage resulting in same yet all there was is the daft "space saver" & a plug-in pump to get you out of that particular quagmire ... insert eyeroll emoji here ...

Last edited:
Back