Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: VAGCOM / VCDS Help - List of users willing to help here !

1. Default

Hi all, anyone got the VAG CAN Pro cable they're willing to let me borrow. Located in Melb - happy to reimburse for use. Aiming to get traffic jam assist enabled on my MY18 RS3

Anyone in Adelaide with Vagcom or OBDeleven who can grab the box codes off my b9 s4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Default

Hi folks! this may be a stupid question, but I've just purchased a second (third,fourth, twentieth?) hand HEXx-USB+CAN cable to scope/mess with my C5 allroad and can't get it to run with VCDS software. Will it run without paying the 99USD fee and going through the ownership transfer scheme? In the about screen it is showing Licence status as Valid/activated. Is it likely that my port/protocol options are out of whack? I did a quick scan but came up with no codes, when i know there should be some there (air level pump **** itself, vacuum leak and rough running at a minimum). If someone could please point me in the right direction id be forever grateful.
    Cheeres,
    Stu

Yes, it’ll run fine.

No need to pay the $99 registration fee unless you feel you need specific support from Ross-Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by StuC View Post
    Hi folks! this may be a stupid question, but I've just purchased a second (third,fourth, twentieth?) hand HEXx-USB+CAN cable to scope/mess with my C5 allroad and can't get it to run with VCDS software. Will it run without paying the 99USD fee and going through the ownership transfer scheme? In the about screen it is showing Licence status as Valid/activated. Is it likely that my port/protocol options are out of whack? I did a quick scan but came up with no codes, when i know there should be some there (air level pump **** itself, vacuum leak and rough running at a minimum). If someone could please point me in the right direction id be forever grateful.
    Cheeres,
    Stu
    Start the VCDS software and hit the Options button from there you can select comm ports. There is a test button to use to confirm the config. How many VIN for the VCDS, unlimited?
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tas_Audi For This Useful Post:

StuC (March 24th, 2021)

Cheeres,
    Stu

As said, you should be OK with this. When they were new there was a 3 VIN limit on the cable (but only if you made an adaption adjustment) otherwise you could just auto scan an unlimited number of cars. You paid extra for a 10 limit and there was a commercial version too. Now, it seems that when the wireless versions for the more modern vehicles took off, the old cable became unlimited VIN. I have something from Ross Tech about it.

Nevertheless, if it has been used to the limit in an earlier life, it may be locked. I'd suggest to find a few Audi and do some auto scans and see if you get any result. If everyone is squeeky clean then you may have a dud.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IchBautAuto For This Useful Post:

StuC (March 24th, 2021)

HEX-USB+CAN is unlimited in terms of VINs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

StuC (March 24th, 2021)

11. Default

Cheers folks.
    This is what im seeing in the about tab.
    https://imgur.com/a/kyc4boQ

I forgot to say, K1 and K2 are testing ok but CAN is saying not ready. I don't believe the 01 c5 allroad is full CAN though, and thats why. Happy to be corrected.

This is what im seeing in the about tab.
    https://imgur.com/a/kyc4boQ

I forgot to say, K1 and K2 are testing ok but CAN is saying not ready. I don't believe the 01 c5 allroad is full CAN though, and thats why. Happy to be corrected.
    Yeah, that's good to go.

You are correct in that a C5 Allroad has no CAN bus.

Alister when I bought mine last year I had the option of a 10 VIN licence. Went with unlimited. The old VCDS didnt work with all modules in the Amarok.
    Current - 2007 B7 RS4 Avant, APR Stage 3, Milltek with Hi Flo Cats, GruppeM intake, Sachs Clutch, Factory Ceramics, JHM Shifter, RS6 FBSTW, AMI & Hi Res RSNE
    Current - 2012 B8 A4, 2.0T Quattro Avant SLine
    Current - 2001 B5 S4 Imola Yellow Avant
    Current - 1989 B3 90 Quattro - 7A NA Engine, (Long Term Restoration Project)
    Current - 1984 WR Ur Quattro