Thread: Audi recalls- yes!! Free stuff for your car!!!!

Default Audi recalls- yes!! Free stuff for your car!!!!

found a link on an earlier post (2005) about recalls on Audi models...if something is wrong you can check here and see if its covered by a national recall...worth checking out first and get it fixed free.

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952886
    Last edited by Rock; February 4th, 2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: proper link

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rock For This Useful Post:

mouse (February 4th, 2011), Tips (February 4th, 2011)

great find, thanks Rock.

Current:
    - MY15 Lexus NX 200t F-Sport
    - MY11 Honda Odyssey Luxury - NIC-33E

Sold but not forgotten
    :

- '12 Lexus RX 270 - S.T.O.C.K.
    - '10 Honda Accord Euro Luxury
    - '09 Toyota Kluger Grande
    - '09 Audi A3 - 18" S3 Wheels | S3 Grill | S3 Rear Spoiler| S3 Aluminum Pedals | MTec HID Kit - Low Beam | Eibach Sportline Spring | Dynavin A3
    - '06 Lexus IS250 Prestige - Sat Nav | MoonRoof | JunTW Roof Spoiler | 18" Sports Wheels
    - '05 Honda Jazz VTI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to p0c1 For This Useful Post:

Rock (February 4th, 2011)

My car has a recall from 1997 for an airbag issue - I wonder if it was ever fixed ?

I heard a story today from a mechanic who got a price for a brake booster from a main dealer (not an audi) and thought something was strange coz the price quoted was only a couple of hundred bucks instead of the usual couple of grand. So he fished around and found the car had a recall on that part which meant it should have been replaced by the dealer for free. And worse still the car had been at the dealer for a service a couple of weeks earlier!. ... dodgy buggers..
    S2

Default Free stuff for your car

Heya cool Link thanks. I rang my local Audi Dealer they told me that these recalls dont apply to every car and they are vin dependant bummer thought i may get Audi to pay for new parts for my car..

You can call Audi to find out what fixes your car has had performed. They will want your VIN so they can check your vehicles recall history.

Some manufacturers put a sticker inside your door jam & other related type places, dont just go off of these if you have them, the last recall Subaru did on my car, no label was put on the car, however Subaru had the fix on file as being done.

any idea what happens if there were recalls on that particular model but the recalls period are now stated as ended on the website? My model is definitely one of those stated and previous owner said that he never brought it back for any recalls or was told of it