Thread: Audi MMI and iPhone 5

Default Audi MMI and iPhone 5

Hi All,

I'm new to Audi and new to OzAudi.

I just picked up a brand new fully loaded S3 last Wednesday and haven't been able to find a cable that connects iPhone to MMI.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

2. Default

try ebay - or ecstuning etc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bennjamin For This Useful Post:

Levi (August 6th, 2014)

If you don't have the MMI cable, organise one of those. The 30pin one works fine... you just need to buy the Apple 30pin to lightning adapter OR buy something like Tune2Air which will convert the MMI cable to bluetooth audio streaming and you'll never have to plug the phone into the glovebox. I got my original MMI cable from eBay and it was fine and about 1/2 the price of getting it from Audi.

The only issues i find with my older MMI system is that Podcasts are hard to access through the display and steering controls in iOS6 and later. Might be different for the newer systems Audi entertainment systems.
    Daytona Grey TT RS

Revo Stage 2+, Miltek Turbo Back, MSS Street Kit, AP Racing Front Rotors + ProjectMu RS4-2's, ProjectMU race brake fluid, APR FMIC, RS6 rear rotors + Ferodo DS3500, BBS CH-R's with Michelin PSS, Southbend Stage 2 clutch + SMFW, badged, built in hair care kit... One small wang

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jester_fu For This Useful Post:

Levi (August 6th, 2014)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Or just use the blu tooth
    Cheers

Ozzifutura

RS4 Avant 2014
    Aprilia RST Futura 2004
    Aprilia ETV Caponord 2003

GET A GRIP
    [SIGPIC]

Why wouldn't you just use Bluetooth instead an AMI cable?

I can across an issue. I have an A3 and the talk to text function is not working via bluetooth. Everything else is perfect. Anyone have any idea why? The mic activates on the phone, but not via Bluetooth?!

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I just picked up a brand new fully loaded S3 last Wednesday and haven't been able to find a cable that connects iPhone to MMI.
    I believe the part you need is 4F0 051 510 AD (although there is now an AL version that may supersede AD). This is the AMI interface for a lightning-equipped iPhone (so, 5, 5S, etc) and the MMI 3G+ system in the S3.

You can also use the older "Red collar" cable with the old dock connector (part 4F0 051 510 R) in conjunction with the Apple Lightning<->30-pin adapter.

See also: audi ami lightning cable
    Last edited by AdamD; September 20th, 2014 at 01:04 PM.
    2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto

wow great info here!

10. Default

i think ebay is selling the cables for $17 or so.
    i bought a USB, Ipod and Aux.