Thread: Ouch - 2 star mustang

Default Ouch - 2 star mustang

Ain't a pretty picture for the stang....

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/s...24-gty2ok.html
    ​​A S3 8V SS2L CJXF QSP 6Y 2H7 3FB 6XK 9VS C6H

not surprising really.. 50k V8 sports car.. got to cut a corner or 2.. safety must have been the compromise
    Me: MY16 Audi S3 Daytona Grey
    Mrs : MY16 VW Polo GTI Pure White

I read a similar article from Wheels yesterday, which suggested the last time a passenger (non-commercial) vehicle scored 2 stars was the Chrysler Voyager in 2006!

Ford should be ashamed.
    2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto

It is shame on Ford, because it's not as if they don't know what's required to get good scores in ENCAP/ANCAP, and if they can get 5 stars on a low production volume (in global terms) car like the Falcon, then there's really no excuse on a global 'halo' car like the Mustang.

In the Mustang's defence, it did lose a lot of points for a number of technical features that weren't even available on cars a few years ago (blind spot monitoring, lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise).
    However, to have airbags which don't inflate properly and to pop a door lock during the side impact pole test (aren't anti-burst door locks an ADR requirement?) is unacceptable and goes to show that Ford manufactures cars to a price not a standard.

Now all they need is a major drop in sales figures following this result to really show Ford where their focus needs to be.
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:
    ​1997 A4 Quattro V6 Manual "Hamilton's Club Sport"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 27litres For This Useful Post:

MartyM (June 14th, 2017)

P.S.
    I don't think the 2006 Chrysler Voyager is a fair comparison for its 2 star rating.
    The Voyager was an (unfortunately typical) American heap of crap and would have scored poorly in its crashworthiness under the ENCAP/ANCAP testing at the time.
    Since then, ENCAP/ANCAP have introduced new tests, made existing tests more stringent and made technical acronyms (ESP, BSM, ACC, LKA, RVA etc) mandatory requirements for a 5 star rating.

Under the same testing regimen as the 2006 Voyager, the Mustang would probably rate 4 or 5 stars...
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:
    ​1997 A4 Quattro V6 Manual "Hamilton's Club Sport"

Shhhhhh Trump will hear you
    Me: MY16 Audi S3 Daytona Grey
    Mrs : MY16 VW Polo GTI Pure White