Thread: OzAudiS3orRS38V.com.au - Would it Work?

Default OzAudiS3orRS38V.com.au - Would it Work?

not that quite as catchy as OzAudi.com but wondered what you guys thought...

Something wrong with us non 8V owners on this forum?
    I had a shower this week, honest
    Marty

---
    Current:
    2001 S8 - 19" x 9" C5 RS6 rims, Solar Sunroof, heated leather front and rear seats, tinted side and rear glass, RNS-D, XCarlink, Bose, clunky old phone in arm rest...
    2002 S8 - 18" RS4 reps (for now), Solar Sunroof, 'Sports' mode shifter... Engine dropped valve on PO - work in progress...

Gone but not forgotten:
    ​1997 A4 Quattro V6 Manual "Hamilton's Club Sport"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 27litres For This Useful Post:

AdamD (September 28th, 2017)

Na, probably just a bit of here today, gone tomorrow style. Not like us guys and our old..er cars. Got far more to worry about than best deals and lease clauses. Needed some common (but OE AUDI) 6mm x 20 bolts today. 9 required for this small job. A total of 14 in all of Australia and you need to go to Singapore if you want more. What's the world coming to?
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

hard to find an old school build thread these days, i used to love reading them...

i'm just joking around folks but had to laugh when i clicked on the new posts link, pretty certain 9 out of 10 post had s3 or rs3 of 8v in the title...

i thought i was on the wrong forum...

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    hard to find an old school build thread these days, i used to love reading them...

i'm just joking around folks but had to laugh when i clicked on the new posts link, pretty certain 9 out of 10 post had s3 or rs3 of 8v in the title...

i thought i was on the wrong forum...
    That's what happens when everyone needs their own thread. Most could be contained to the one thread but you know, it is the internet and it makes people feel good I guess having their own post :)

Quote Originally Posted by ido09s View Post
    That's what happens when everyone needs their own thread. Most could be contained to the one thread...
    ^ This. I mod on vwwatercooled.com.au, and about 95% of my time on there is spent moving/merging new users' posts; if I didn't there'd be thousands of redundant or duplicate threads posing exactly the same question, and searching for answers would be incredibly tedious and frequently fruitless. Hmm, not unlike the ozAudi A3/S3/RS3 subforum really.
    2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto

nice work mate, i use watercooled too...

you moderators generally go very unnoticed so thanks for all the work you do...

hopefully i don;t fall in to the category of starting new posts (except this one ha ha); it will make me think twice next time before i clog up the forum with another thread of the same topic...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to guile For This Useful Post:

AdamD (September 29th, 2017)

Cheers Richard! Always enjoy reading your 8P thread in the Audi section (and corresponding one here); love your work. The good build threads - when they do come along - make the mod work all worthwhile.
    2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto