Thread: RS3 Matrix Headlights

Default RS3 Matrix Headlights

Hi Guys,

I'm interested to know if you can purchase the Matrix LEDs and put it on the car? Unfortunately the one I bought didn't have it. Is it the same fitment? Any coding or extra wiring needed? And can this be purchased from Audi Parts department or online somewhere?

2018 Audi RS3 Sportsback.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matthew9786 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm interested to know if you can purchase the Matrix LEDs and put it on the car? Unfortunately the one I bought didn't have it. Is it the same fitment? Any coding or extra wiring needed? And can this be purchased from Audi Parts department or online somewhere?

2018 Audi RS3 Sportsback.

Cheers,
    Matt
    its not plug and play, there is some extra wiring and coding needed

Quote Originally Posted by Muri777 View Post
    its not plug and play, there is some extra wiring and coding needed
    I had a look at that very thing not long ago. Apart from the coding etc the modules (matrix lights and indicators) were about 4000 Euros so I VERY quickly gave up on that idea.

Holy MOly!!!! 4K for lights? I's rather get an APR Stage 1 Tune and some!

I found them on Ebay for about $1600 each though...

Holy MOly!!!! 4K for lights? I's rather get an APR Stage 1 Tune and some!

I found them on Ebay for about $1600 each though...
    Fair enough. I saw them for about 3,800. Euro. That probably includes 19% VAT. $1600 is better but still a costly risk. That said, if you really want them I suggest you find someone who has done this and knows how to get them working before buying them.

I called up Audi today and they said The Matrix LEDs can't be retro fitted onto the car. Has to come factory fitted....

I called up Audi today and they said The Matrix LEDs can't be retro fitted onto the car. Has to come factory fitted....
    You wouldn't expect any else from Audi. They would not have a procedure in place to do this. That doesn't mean it can't be done but you would end up with a bit of a Frankensetup...

Second the above. Nothing is impossible when it comes to retrofitting - just got to be prepared to spend the money and know who to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Second the above. Nothing is impossible when it comes to retrofitting - just got to be prepared to spend the money and know who to go to.
    Agreed. To be honest, my 2c:
    - Would I buy a facelift without matrix lights? No, I would not.
    - Would I retrofit them? No, too much money and risk for what they are actually worth

They're great technology but they are not essential. A Sunroof and the performance pack are much more important. But if you absolutely want them then you're back to finding a knowledgeable person who knows hoe to go about it.