Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonesey View Post
    Agonising over whether I should add the RS design package. Love the Alcantara knee pads and red lines on the seatbelts but wondering if all up it’s a bit too boy racer for a car that has some great stealth appeal. What’s the consensus?
    You should, but its a personal choice if you like it or not
    MY18 RS3 Sportback | PP2 | Matrix | RSDP | Gloss Black package | Ara Blue | Opti Coat Pro+ | Tinting

Can anyone share what the suggested retail price of the 2020 sportback is? CarSales (New Car section) doesn’t show any price on the 2020 RS3 yet. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by OD8 View Post
    Can anyone share what the suggested retail price of the 2020 sportback is? CarSales (New Car section) doesn’t show any price on the 2020 RS3 yet. Cheers.
    Sportback $83,800
    Sportback carbon Edition $87,200
    Sedan $86,500
    Sedan carbon edition $89,900

excludes dealer delivery, registration fees, stamp duty and CTP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flam For This Useful Post:

OD8 (December 10th, 2019)

Ended up taking the S3 for a long drive today and deciding I enjoy the slightly more understated interior so no extra RS pack for me. I did see that Pre-sense basic is also apparently an option on the spec list so have forked out the $390 for that as I’ve had that on all recent cars including the S3!
    Last edited by jonesey; December 9th, 2019 at 07:52 PM.
    Current: 2020 8V.2 RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | Carbon Edition | RS Interior Design Package | Matrix Lights | Pre Sense
    2016 B9 A4 Allroad 2.0TDI | Ibis White | Assistance Package Tour | Technik Package with Sunroof | Heated Seats

Past: 2013 8V S3 Sportback | 6sp Manual | Glacier White | S Performance Package | Assistance Package | Through Loading | Folding Mirrors

Ended up taking the S3 for a long drive today and deciding I enjoy the slightly more understated interior so no extra RS pack for me. I did see that Pre-sense basic is also apparently an option on the spec list so have forked out the $390 for that as Iíve had that on all recent cars including the S3!
    great! RS pack is the one I can go without even though I did add that to my order.
    didnít even know there is pre-sense basic option to choose from, I was never informed!
    now anxiously waiting for order confirmation, build week etc. I was told in week 5, but I supposed thatís for the OZ market, not sure where my order sits in the queue.

yep, same here. No word as to whether the custom build is going through yet. But on the other hand, no immediate response from Audi Germany knocking it back.

If you're a younger lad, then I can see RS pack being attractive, but I like the understated classic look.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

Apparently, the 2020 RS3 has a muted exhaust due to the WLTP system. Anyone else concerned this might be the case? To me, this defeats buying the five-cylinder. Is there a practical solution?

I think you'll find the exhaust note lacks the bangs and pops its predecessors have. Frankly, I find them a little obnoxious and attention seeking. You'll still get the great 5-pot sound. I suspect a stage 1 tune will bring out some more noise.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joecool For This Useful Post:

OD8 (December 10th, 2019)

I believe we get the same mechanicals the USA gets which hasn’t had the petrol particulate filter added or exhaust changes that Europe got for WLTP. Not so good for the environment but preserves the sound nicely.
    Current: 2020 8V.2 RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | Carbon Edition | RS Interior Design Package | Matrix Lights | Pre Sense
    2016 B9 A4 Allroad 2.0TDI | Ibis White | Assistance Package Tour | Technik Package with Sunroof | Heated Seats

Past: 2013 8V S3 Sportback | 6sp Manual | Glacier White | S Performance Package | Assistance Package | Through Loading | Folding Mirrors

I believe we get the same mechanicals the USA gets which hasnít had the petrol particulate filter added or exhaust changes that Europe got for WLTP. Not so good for the environment but preserves the sound nicely.
    hi Jonesey
    Iím afraid all MY20 OZ RS3 is equipped with a petrol particulate filter. Even though sports exhaust is now standard, there will be an impact to the exhaust note.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by flam; December 10th, 2019 at 09:49 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flam For This Useful Post:

jonesey (December 10th, 2019)