Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 RS3 owner's thread

Is that confirmed Flam? Audi hasn’t put PPFs into any of its other MY20 models nor have many companies indicated that they can cope with our fuel sulfur levels. It also runs counter to the dealership advice on the matter however I know that mixed messages can easily be floating around.
    Current: 2020 8V.2 RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | Carbon Edition | RS Interior Design Package | Matrix Lights | Pre Sense
    2016 B9 A4 Allroad 2.0TDI | Ibis White | Assistance Package Tour | Technik Package with Sunroof | Heated Seats

Past: 2013 8V S3 Sportback | 6sp Manual | Glacier White | S Performance Package | Assistance Package | Through Loading | Folding Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by jonesey View Post
    Is that confirmed Flam? Audi hasnít put PPFs into any of its other MY20 models nor have many companies indicated that they can cope with our fuel sulfur levels. It also runs counter to the dealership advice on the matter however I know that mixed messages can easily be floating around.
    I got this info from my Audi dealership, I believe this is what we are getting unfortunately. Will you be able to check with your dealer? Now Iím puzzled ...

My advice was also from the dealer and their statement was that the US and us will still be receiving unchanged mechanicals. Would be nice to confirm, any other data out there?
    Current: 2020 8V.2 RS3 Sportback | Nardo Grey | Carbon Edition | RS Interior Design Package | Matrix Lights | Pre Sense
    2016 B9 A4 Allroad 2.0TDI | Ibis White | Assistance Package Tour | Technik Package with Sunroof | Heated Seats

Past: 2013 8V S3 Sportback | 6sp Manual | Glacier White | S Performance Package | Assistance Package | Through Loading | Folding Mirrors

If they aren't doing OPF on our cars, like the US, then why did they need to stop production for Australia?? They didn't stop production for the US. I suspect you'll find that OPF will be fitted to the RS3 to comply with emissions standards. WLTP was the reason I was told we didn't see cars for 18 months, thus we surely will see the filter.
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joecool For This Useful Post:

jonesey (December 11th, 2019)

WLTP was the reason for the production stop for sure but even US production was ceased as they weren’t allowed to build any until the model achieved its WLTP certification. Those emissions rules aren’t present here and in the US was my understanding hence they were able to resume production in multiple forms. I’ll try to get some hard facts out of the dealership.
    Last edited by jonesey; December 11th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesey View Post
    I’ll try to get some hard facts out of the dealership.
    This will be very interesting if they have indeed left the OPF out on AU specced RS3s. Noise, but more importantly, performance will remain the same if they've left it out!
    2020 RS3 Sedan | Dark Red Mica | Carbon Edition | Matrix Lights | Audi Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
    This will be very interesting if they have indeed left the OPF out on AU specced RS3s. Noise, but more importantly, performance will remain the same if they've left it out!
    Not sure I understand. It clearly states that it does have a "Petrol Particulate Filter".

Does anyone know whether the ceramic brakes still an option or are they gone for good?

Quote Originally Posted by ewok666 View Post
    Does anyone know whether the ceramic brakes still an option or are they gone for good?
    Not showing as an option on the RS3 bulletin that was released. I'd say it's gawn!!!

Sadly it’s true, PPF is fitted to the MY20 RS3. No more pops and bangs.
    E17ED6C6-E36E-4CE2-910B-ADA137CDBC8D.jpg

Wondering if it can be tuned back in?