Thread: Busted Reversing camera / Steering wheel audio buttons / suspension height controls

1. Default Busted Reversing camera / Steering wheel audio buttons / suspension height controls

Hi All,

I've recently taken Dad's 2007 Audi A6 Quattro 3L Diesel station wagon off his hands, which still drives quite well (315,000 country KMs) but has recently started having issues with some electronics.

The issues started a few weeks ago after I returned to the car to find the language on the MMI had defaulted back to German.

Problem 1) First I noticed the reversing camera doesn't turn on, though the beeps do still happen.

Problem 2) Then I noticed the volume control on the steering wheel doesn't do anything, nor does the Mode button. The paddle gear shifts still work.

Problem 3) I don't seem to be able to find the setting to change the height of the car. I think the Car button on the centre console used to give me options here to adjust the suspension, but now it just shows some settings for other unrelated things.

I've disconnected the battery overnight at the recommendation of Audi over the phone, but this didn't help.

I've looked at the fuses on the left and right hand side of the dash but couldn't see any issues with any of the fuses that (based on their descriptors) might be relevant.

Any suggestions to get these functions working again would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Simon

I recommend you get it scanned for fault codes using VCDS Simon.