Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: B6 S4 Avant

nice one, love the colour.

Where you just going, or coming back from wakefield?

2. Default

Nah, a mate was driving it down from Sydney where it was purchased. Zero decent examples in Melbourne. Super happy with the R36. Great for life as a family man. Means I can park up the S4 for a bit. Fix some issues, bolt on all the stage 3 goodies I have had stockpiled for about 3 years and wait for club Reg.

I have somehow managed to convince the missus to let me keep the S4 (every R36 I test drove the owners mentioned the performance, I'm like "Steady on mate, its no S4") and also my VJ Charger which has been in pieces in the shed for about 15 years (sound of the young kids googling VJ Charger). Not quite sure how I have managed this but a four cars household is culturally appropriate for me. A Redneck is gonna Redneck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nathan.philp; May 30th, 2021 at 12:03 AM.

yeah, nice one. I also convinced the missues recently to buy a bit run down S3 (2009) to use as a track car. Problem with that is I like my cars to look and be 100%, so struggling with getting it back to that stage again without spending lots of $$$$. It's supposed to be a track car right!!!

We've also got 5 cars now, but only a garage for 2. So the Renault Meganne GT220 is up for sale... I should post something in the for sale thread, just incase anybody is interested on here...

Quote Originally Posted by nathan.philp View Post
    ..................................and also my VJ Charger which has been in pieces in the shed for about 15 years (sound of the young kids googling VJ Charger). Not quite sure how I have managed this but a four cars household is culturally appropriate for me. ..........................

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yep, while it was a dog to drive fast, wish I still had my Charger. Shop full of webers, 36 gallon tank and a whole 3 speeds.
    E38 Cairns 1972 (2).jpg
    Might as well do it while you can before the UK style emissions taxes start here too.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

ah, the old 'wish id kept' thoughts.

My list.
    My VK Calais (white, with brown leather interior, computer dash)
    Nissan 200SX (was stolen, then found, but had the compliance plate removed. Had to sell as moved to Singapore)
    Audi B5 1.8TQ (red T)... Blue
    Audi B6 1.8TQ (with APR Stage III+ and other parts)

But mostly, the flat I purchased one street from Bondi beach for $110K... Two bedroom, block of 9 only, no common walls and with a working fireplace.... Can imagine what it would be worth today!!

Car wise not many on my list were what I would call a great drive. The ducks gutz on the day but time moves on. 3.8S jag would be high on the list but it had a list of design faults longer than the car. Second the Sydney house but last time I drove through I almost became religious giving thanks I didn't live there any more. Lived there 10 years last time round and it was fne but after an absence, the roads are narrow, it's crowded and the list goes on. Purely a result of living somewhere else. Had a flat in Bondi years ago but cannot imagine living there now, not even for free.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

I bought a place across the street from the beach at Coogee when I was in my 20's for $150k. Same same...

Re the car - I'm torn between keeping and ditching the A4 B5 wagon. Oil leak problem I think at oil filter mount and back of head, but I'm sure fixable. No longer registered so the missus wants me to get rid of it. The car is straight and clean inside and out. And the airbag is not on recall.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6 (Unreg)

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6

Yeah, hard to get rid of cars that are almost perfect apart from a couple of issues. Seems like such a waste.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by broke90 View Post
    I bought a place across the street from the beach at Coogee when I was in my 20's for $150k. Same same...

Re the car - I'm torn between keeping and ditching the A4 B5 wagon. Oil leak problem I think at oil filter mount and back of head, but I'm sure fixable. No longer registered so the missus wants me to get rid of it. The car is straight and clean inside and out. And the airbag is not on recall.
    Yep, decisions, decisions. I have my one owner A4 quattro that just gets an occasional airing. Why do I still have it? Parts. There are a supprising number of parts common with the RS4 that are NLA so other than it is low mile and always goes, it is worth far more in parts than as a going one owner car. Go figure but it's only 9 years from historic rego now so why not keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by IchBautAuto View Post
    Yep, decisions, decisions. I have my one owner A4 quattro that just gets an occasional airing. Why do I still have it? Parts. There are a supprising number of parts common with the RS4 that are NLA so other than it is low mile and always goes, it is worth far more in parts than as a going one owner car. Go figure but it's only 9 years from historic rego now so why not keep it.
    I have a whole spare A4 B5 with same engine and gearbox for spares for the NLA situation. Whereas once upon a time I need a working car, now it's not so critical. I really wonder if I should keep it.

Current:
    2004 A6 C5 Sedan 3.0 V6 Quattro
    1999 A4 B5 Avant 2.4 V6 (Unreg)

Retired:
    1990 100 Sedan 2.3
    1991 90 Sedan 2.3
    1999 A4 B5 Sedan 2.4 V6
    2005 A6 4F Sedan 3.2 V6