Thread: The Beast Has Arrived

Default The Beast Has Arrived

I will be taking delivery of my new SQ8 tomorrow. I canít wait to finally get behind the wheel of the torque monster and drive it home. At the moment it is getting ceramic tint applied to the windows(the front window as well),the whole front end from the A pillar forward is getting clear wrapped and then the whole car is getting a ceramic paint protection applied to it. They are also doing all the interior protection as well. The only thing that shocked me is that it has a round S model steering wheel and not a flat bottom one. It turns out all the 2021 S model cars(and normal audis)only come with round steering wheels because of the standard Audi assist system. So unless something changes in the future the unique flat bottom steering wheel will be a thing of the past on the S models. It was sad handing over my 2013 SQ5 yesterday,besides the DPF drama I had with it it was and still is a awesome car. Hopefully someone that will look after it like I did will buy it and get much enjoyment out of it. Bring on Friday!

Congrats on the new car! I'm sure you've love it either way.

Unfortunately even some RS cars are getting round steering wheels until further notice. I still haven't been able to get a specific answer, just some vagueness about incompatibility with Audi assist and EU legislation or something :/
    2010 Subaru Wrx STI Hatchback - (SOLD)
    2016 8V S3 Sportsback - Mythos Black - 19" S
    Performance Pack 2 wheels - Panoramic Roof - Black Optics (SOLD)
    2018 GLA45 AMG - Black - Aero pack - AMG drivers pack & AMG performance pack (SOLD)
    2020 RSQ3 Sportsback - (Ordered)

Default New SQ8

Morrie, Yes, there is quite a build up of interest with your new SQ8 purchase. The silence has been defending since you picked up the beast. We are all waiting for your initial detailed report with photos ...... don't keep us in suspenders any longer !!
    SQ5 - MY13 - Launch Edition

Yep, keen to see some pics and hear your initial thoughts on the new rig Morrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Yep, keen to see some pics and hear your initial thoughts on the new rig Morrie.
    It's massive and he is delighted.
    It suits him well in his home environment in the top, top end but he is struggling to get his photos onto the forum for other readers.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Posted on behalf of a very happy and proud Morrie!

image7.jpgimage4.jpgimage3.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage0.jpg

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

Nice!

They certainly are a beast, I love it!