Thread: Au Revoir S4

Default Au Revoir S4

After much discussion in the household I will have to part with my beloved sleeper rocket S4.

IMG_2655.jpg IMG_0130.jpgIMG_2284.jpg
    My wife's recent double knee replacement has dramatically increased the difficulty in entering and exiting the low slung S4 and we have very reluctantly decided to move back to an SQ5 to improve ease of entry.
    The S4 will remain far and away the best, slickest and fastest car we have had the pleasure of owning and driving.
    With only 15,000km on it, 3.5 years warranty remaining, it was optioned with everything on purchase bar the sports diff and is a sensational car.
    APR Stage One just makes it even better with 0-60 in 3.5.
    Anyone interested in purchasing what is the best available example in-country for a fraction of new car price drop me a PM.
    Worse still, the SQ5 purchase has already turned into a saga.
    Having agreed with my dealership that I will purchase their only floor stock new PFL car and requesting what deposit is required, I found out yesterday that the &^%$# sales manager had decided to take a deposit from another customer without reference to anyone else on the dealership floor - so much for customer loyalty.
    They are now hunting the small national stock of remaining new SQ5s for a similar/like optioned model whilst I have put money down on a new order which will mean a 5 month wait.....!!
    Not happy.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2017 RSQ3 Performance Sold
    2018 S4
    Mrs B's Tiguan R-Line + APR

This is a sad moment. My Mrs is of course happy with our RS6 for ease of entry so understand the conflict of emotions and the need to maintain harmony. Considering your record with the dealer I'm a bit surprised at the stupidity. Hopefully you can get an apology in the form of a discount.
    C5 RS6: Sportec, Milltek & Wagner -- B5 RS4 : tastefully modified -- Audi 1.8 quattro 132 Kw -- UNIMOG 404 TLF8

Hi Dingah, I just sold my beloved S4 Avant, I've gone to the dark side and bought a Tesla Model 3 performance, I guess it's time for a change after 7 Audis! Talking about dealers, buying the model 3 was like taking a Covid test. A bunch of text messages and annoying web forms and pick it up from a warehouse. I hope you find a nicely specked SQ5.
    1997 A3 1.8T sold
    2000 TT quattro sold
    2005 Lava Grey A3 2.0 TFSI DSG Sportback, Open Sky, roof racks, Vienna Leather. Sold
    2006 Black A4 2.0 TFSI S-line Quattro Avant Sold
    2009 White A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Avant, Open Sky roof, MMi+ 19" rims, Bang and Olufsen, adaptive cruse, Oak Beaufort trim. Sold
    2016 A4 Quattro sport Avant, Manhattan Gray, Panno roof, Technik package, Assistance package. Sold
    2018 S4 Avant, Sports diff, S performance package, Technik package, honeycomb grille, Nardo Grey Wrap.

I hate having to let go of a car that you love, to us, they are part of the family.
    What about a rsq8

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    I hate having to let go of a car that you love, to us, they are part of the family.
    What about a rsq8

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
    Ha! You're right there.
    RSQ8 - utterly unaffordable monster.
    I'd need to win the Lotto jackpot and build a new garage.
    The S4 is a tight fit as it is; thankfully a SQ5 (if I ever secure one?!) is a bit smaller.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Dingah View Post
    Ha! You're right there.
    RSQ8 - utterly unaffordable monster.
    I'd need to win the Lotto jackpot and build a new garage.
    The S4 is a tight fit as it is; thankfully a SQ5 (if I ever secure one?!) is a bit smaller.

Dingah
    After considerable deliberation and demonstrated ability for my beloved to again enter and alight the S4 comfortably, the deposit for a new SQ5 has been returned and joyously we will continue to enjoy this brilliant car for the foreseeable future.
    Upon reflection, to fork out $50k+ to purchase an inferior car in all respects bar ride height was pretty silly; that new car smell does strange things to one's commonsense.
    During the potential sale of the S4 it was driven, and I mean really driven by a local and well-known motoring expert who owns an enviable car collection and he was almost lost for words at the S4's performance and handling - severely questioning why I would consider selling it.
    Well my friend - I didn't

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4

nice one mate. I find it very hard to sell cars... they become part of the family (especially as I spend so long cleaning them all the time)..

If you want it to smell like new, they just get some of the duragloss leather conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    nice one mate. I find it very hard to sell cars... they become part of the family (especially as I spend so long cleaning them all the time)..

If you want it to smell like new, they just get some of the duragloss leather conditioner
    Tx - I will.

Dingah
    Dingah

2015 SQ5 TDI Sold
    2018 S4