Thread: B7 RS4 Exhaust Options - Here in Sydney/Australia

Default B7 RS4 Exhaust Options - Here in Sydney/Australia

Happy Tuesday everybody. Wondering whether any fellow B7 RS4 owners have purchased an exhaust/custom made to their cars recently and what brands you considered if purchased (Milltek, JHM, Magnaflow, Capristo etc)?

I'm weighing up whether I purchase a Milltek system to refresh the exhaust system or do a resonator delete to the existing system as I've heard they sound very similar and cost versus benefit isn't that far apart.

Just can't find many systems locally available apart from Milltek and want to check before I order something from overseas and get hit by COVID wait times.

For example: https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/mi...06-08-ssxau061

Say's its 2.76 inch but it's only 2.36 inch according to Milltek's website which is very close to stock.

I would be looking at an unresonated system unless the diamater is significantly different to stock.

There's also the question of downpipes, anybody have aftermarket fitted (e.g. JHM) and where did you source from / was it worth it?

I know there's threads and threads available online but can't find any Australian-related experiences haha.

Don't shoot me please.

Cheers all

Hey mate, I've been in a similar spot to where you are. I ended up doing the center resonator delete about 6 months ago. Cost me $300 and I absolutely love it. I plugged the vacuum lines so the flaps stay open the whole time. Nice note and I don't have any drone (Avant).

Also on Milltek, pretty sure when I spoke to the Sparesbox live chat they weren't carrying Milltek anymore even though they have it on their website. So that's something you'd want to double check.

Of course a full exhaust would be better, however in my opinion, bang for buck you can't go wrong.
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oxblood8 For This Useful Post:

RS-Rated (July 15th, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by oxblood8 View Post
    Hey mate, I've been in a similar spot to where you are. I ended up doing the center resonator delete about 6 months ago. Cost me $300 and I absolutely love it. I plugged the vacuum lines so the flaps stay open the whole time. Nice note and I don't have any drone (Avant).

Also on Milltek, pretty sure when I spoke to the Sparesbox live chat they weren't carrying Milltek anymore even though they have it on their website. So that's something you'd want to double check.

Of course a full exhaust would be better, however in my opinion, bang for buck you can't go wrong.
    Thanks for sharing your experience mate. I think I'm leaning towards the resonator delete.

Are you based around Sydney? Where did you get yours done?

I'm thinking of having a flange set up so I can put it back to stock if I was to retain the standard piping.

Did you go X pipe or H pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capristo is the best sounding system for the RS4 that I have heard. But also at 10k, a res delete sounds better for the bank.

Edit: This RS4 with JHM sounds amazing, Fast Intentions have some good systems https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLfLSXn_HNo
    Last edited by TheChenga; May 31st, 2021 at 04:03 AM.
    WAUZZZ
    Current
    B7 A4 2.0TQ
    APR
    8P A3 REVO
    B6 S4 JHM
    Past
    B5 A4 1.8TQ
    B5 A4 1.8T

I have a full 2.75 inch JHM exhaust with catalytic converters and centre resonator. It sounds great. I have gotten heaps of compliments. It certainly is loud, even with the centre resonator there is some cabin drone at around 1800-2000 RPM. The JHM exhaust doesn't have flaps, I daily my car and have gotten used to the drone (or shift to avoid the drone). No drone on highway because you're always out of the 1800-2000RPM rev range.

UPDATE

I went with the resonator delete, custom H pipe welded in and unplugged vaccum lines so the flaps remain open through all gears/rev ranges.

All up cost;$420 - louder and deeper exhaust note with no drone. Win win.

May do a full system later on but this combo hits the spot for now.

Thank you oxblood!
    Last edited by RS-Rated; July 15th, 2021 at 11:08 AM.

All good mate, am rapt that you like it.

Glad to help out
    Current: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant in Imola

Previous: 2004 A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro

APR Stage 1 | Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers | Remus Exhausts | 18" RS6 Reps | Brushed Alum Mirrors | Phatbox | RS4 Pedals | RS4 Gear Knob