Thread: Aftermarket Android Screen - which brand to choose?

Question Aftermarket Android Screen - which brand to choose?

Looking to install an aftermarket android screen with Android Auto, not sure if I will go with the 10" or the 12".
    there are different brands to choose from and after some research they look all from the same Chinese manufacturer:
    1- 4x4shop.ca, they have INAV (Canadian):
    https://4x4shop.ca/product/2009-2017...sb-multimedia/

2- RSNAV S3 (Canadian):
    https://rsnav.com/products/10-25-192...-s5-rs5-q5-sq5

3- Aesonline (Based in Melbourne):
    https://shoptfb.com/products/a4-a5-q...38794504077497

Which one do you recommend?

Any experience with the 12" screen? is it better looking than the 10"?
    Last edited by al.naufal; May 27th, 2021 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Links updated

What car do you have?

I've got the RSNAV in my S5 and it's great. It's not perfect (it can take a few mins to find GPS, but that may be where I've installed the adapter and the car is in garage for days without being driven), but I think it's one of the best on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    What car do you have?

I've got the RSNAV in my S5 and it's great. It's not perfect (it can take a few mins to find GPS, but that may be where I've installed the adapter and the car is in garage for days without being driven), but I think it's one of the best on the market.
    I have an Audi Q5.
    I have seen few posts online mentioning bugs and errors with RSNAV and suggesting that INAV has a better software.

I have the 12.1Ē RSNav in my RS3.

I bought it for wireless CarPlay rather than Android Auto, so canít speak to that side of things, but its operation has been flawless. The software update process takes some thought to get right but Iíve skipped the most recent updates as the unit is stable and fully functional with its current software.

I havenít used any of the built in Android software, other than to confirm they worked the first time. For me it connects to my iPhone within seconds of powering up, provides clear audio streaming and switches instantly to the factory MMI display when put into reverse.

nice one. How did you code it to get it to go in to reverse? I have to press the radio button, or nav first (to get out of android mode), then it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
    nice one. How did you code it to get it to go in to reverse? I have to press the radio button, or nav first (to get out of android mode), then it will work.
    It didn’t need any specific coding, I just needed to set the correct vehicle type in the RSNav settings after doing the first firmware update. Once that was set the camera comes on instantly in reverse and correctly displays the factory MMI screen with the camera image and parking sensors.

I haven't done firmware update in ages, so I'll give that a go and see if it works... thanks!